Turmeric can be effective for it’s antibacterial properties. Found in many recipes and supplement forms, this can also be used in beauty products. I still have yet to try the “golden milk” with sweet milk and turmeric, heated over the stove. Sounds delicious 😋😋😋 (I’ll add the recipe for that, too)
Surprisingly enough, it is also helpful in hair removal?? Interesting. This BLOG has 101 beauty tips, which is where I found this LINK about how to remove hair with Turmeric and also a recipe for other facial masques. Amazing!! I do love me some homemade facials.
Turmeric can be used alone or in combination with other ingredients for hair removal. Turmeric has anti bacterial property and prevents skin infections. Here are different methods for using turmeric for hair removal.
Method 1 (Turmeric And Water)
- Take two teaspoons of turmeric and mix it with water to make thin paste.
- Apply to the face and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes
- After the mixture dries, wipe it with a wet cloth to remove turmeric and excess hair
- Continue the remedy regularly for a few weeks to achieve full removal of unwanted facial hair.
Method 2 (Indian Nettle And Turmeric)
Indian nettle is a medicinal herb used in the treatment of asthma, pneumonia, bedsores, wounds, etc. it is also a good remedy for unwanted hair. When applied on the skin, the juice of the plant permeates the skin and causes thinning of facial hair. When used continuously for a period of time it prevents the growth of hair on the face. This works excellently for hair removal when used in combination with turmeric.
- Take a handful of Indian nettle leaves and grind them to form a smooth paste.
- Grind fresh turmeric root to prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric paste, or you can use 1 tsp turmeric powder, if fresh root is not available.
- Mix the turmeric paste with the nettle leaves paste and apply it on facial hairs that has to be removed
- Leave it on the face for 40-60 minutes. Let the paste dry and wash it off
- You can also apply this paste before going to bed and leave it overnight for better result. Wash the paste off in the morning.
- Repeat the remedy every day for at least two months to achieve complete facial hair removal.
Method 3 (Turmeric and Chick Pea Flour)
- 2 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cream
- Mix all the above given ingredients together to make a paste
- Apply this on face and massage for 10 minutes
- Leave it on the face for 20 minutes or till the paste dries
- Remove the paste after 20 minutes by rubbing it with palms in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- You can also use the mixture of besan or chickpea flour, turmeric and water in the same way.
Benefits and a Recipe for “GOLDEN MILK”: